... and Transform the Church!
Isn't it time for a new hymnal? A genuinely Lutheran one? Help us get one for you!
A hymnal is more than just hymns; a hymnal shapes our faith and understanding of God and what we believe: Lex orandi, lex credendi - as we worship, so we believe.
Why do we need a new Lutheran hymnal?
Here are a few of the things your prayer and donations make possible:
- Because Martin Luther's clear understanding of worship has been gradually lost to ecumenism.
- Because Luther taught that the center of our worship is about what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.
- Because every aspect of the worship service - whether the sermon, the Scriptures, or the hymns - should proclaim the Gospel.
- Because Martin Luther's work on orders for worship attempted to remove the idea that WE bring anything to the worship service worthy of celebration - apart from repentant hearts.
- Because people remember more stanzas of hymns than Bible verses, a hymnal with faithful theology is crucial.
Henry M. Muhlenburg, a patriarch of American Lutheranism, envisioned "one church with one book." With that focus, the Common Service of 1888 was prepared by a committee of Lutherans who studied the best of 16th century German evangelical services. The resultant Common Service was widely used in the 20th century. The Common Service is at the heart of ReClaim's Lutheran Hymnal for Church and Home.
Completing such a very important project takes people, prayer, and money! We don’t have any large denominational backing, only faithful volunteers and supporters with a passion for faithful worship in the Lutheran church today. Individually, or as congregations, you can help us complete this hymnal and publish it! Most of the content is ready, but we need the finances to complete the editing, the design work, and to print it.
This is no small matter! But we believe that with your help, we can do it in a timely manner and produce a book that will serve Lutheran churches and homes for years to come. Right now, you can help us by:
1) Making a tax deductible contribution to ReClaim Resources. Check, money order, cash, or other types of investments are welcome. ReClaim Resources is a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
P.O. Box 8202
Saint Paul, MN 55108-0202
2) Including ReClaim in your congregation’s benevolence budget, giving perhaps at a suggested level of $1 or $5 per member per year.
3.) Simply Giving. Setup a recurring automatic withdrawal from your checking or savings account through Thrivent Financial® Simply Giving®. Download Form
4.) Thrivent Choice Program. If you have Choice Dollars, you can designate them to go toward ReClaim! Direct your Choice Dollars online now or call 800-THRIVENT (800-847-4836)